Greenpeace launches 5 tips to spend an Easter Monday in the name of eco-sustainability. From seasonal fruit, to the use of glass and non-plastic food containers and the choice to spend a picnic in contact with nature:
- BRING THE SPORTA. For your Easter Monday picnic use a nice wicker basket. Otherwise a canvas bag or a wooden box, but no plastic bags.
- CHOOSE SEASONAL FRUITS AND VEGETABLES. Buy bulk, organic and possibly zero kilometer products. Avoid those made with polystyrene or plastic.
- REUSE. If you bring hot food, use glass and non-plastic containers. How many jars of jam have you kept aside “because maybe they can serve”? You prefer reusable glasses and dishes.
- PUT YOUR CREATIVITY IN THE FIELD. Wrap the rolls in cloth napkins. You can cut out old fabrics or tea towels of different colors and use them to package food.
- CHOOSE A LARGE GREEN MEADOW. If you don’t see flowers or insects, worry. Probably herbicides have been spread, harmful for the environment and for your health.